Mar 25 2020

Card to card apply #Card #to #card #apply

Card to card apply

CSCS Cards and You: Why you need the right CSCS card!

Employers are increasingly making the holding of CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) cards a mandatory practise for their sites. This helps them and their clients be reassured that health and safety practises are not only understood but also adhered to.

You should also be aware of two things:

  • Firstly, regular checks are carried out on CSCS card holders either by using a hand held scanner or checking a central database to ensure the card is valid.
  • Secondly, if you are hold the wrong type of card for the type of job you are doing, for example, if you have a CSCS Green card and are in fact a painter, plasterer or supervisor you may find that you are asked to leave the site.

Remember, to qualify for a FREE CSCS card from Construction Helpline you need to:

  • Check to see if your job role is covered by CSCS
  • Pass the Health safety and environment test
  • Register for Construction NVQ or SVQ with Construction Help Line
  • Complete an NVQ or SVQ profiling session

How to get a CSCS card:

Find out the CSCS Card suitable to your qualification/expertise and apply for a CSCS Card. If you are scratching your head on how to secure a CSCS Card, help is at hand. Just give us a call on 0207 199 9800 or you can even book online after choosing among Locations nationwide.

Find out the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test required getting the card you want. You need to score 42 passing marks in the HS&E Test to get CSCS Card.

Check the requirements for CSCS Card you are applying for. CSCS Courses or NVQs are required in certain cards.

How do I renew CSCS Card?

Once you have a CSCS card, it is valid for 5 years; however trainee cards may be valid for 1 or 3 years. You have a one year window to renew your CSCS card; from 6 months prior to expiry to 6 months after that. Make sure you do it within this window or this will just make things extremely difficult for you later on.

Once your card expires you will have to resit for Health Safety & Environmental test because new standards may have been introduced since your CSCS card was issued. You will also need to gain an NVQ qualification

Any queries? Contact us now for more information on 0207 199 9800 (Lines are open from Mon to Fri: 8am to 6:30pm pm and Sat: 9am to 4pm)

Types of CSCS Cards

Having a CSCS card is now a mandatory requirement for all on-site workers, meaning that having the card gives the holder access to all construction sites.
Failure to have a card could result in you being unlikely to get work on a properly run construction site. If you need to apply for CSCS card urgently click here.

(Please note: spot checks are often carried out on sites using hand held scanners to ensure the authenticity of the card. An invalid card or a card that doesn’t cover appropriately the job you are doing could see you being asked to leave the site.)


This CSCS card is for construction site supervisors and managers who do not have any industry accreditation and do not hold an NVQ or SVQ level 3, 4 or 5. Also, they are not a member of a recognised professional body, BUT THEY DO HAVE relevant on the job experience.
If you already have experience of working on a construction site (normally you will need to have had experience in the last 3 years) and missed the opportunity for industry accreditation, then this CSCS card is for you. Read More


For CSCS card applicants who are not trainees and do not have any specific trade skills. Read More


Applicants for the CSCS Gold Skilled Worker card must have achieved an NVQ or SVQ level 3, or have completed an approved indentured apprenticeship such as with NJCBI, BATJIC etc.. The CSCS Gold Supervisor card is only available for supervisor and technician occupations. Read More


Previously known as the Platinum Card this is for applicants who are managers on a construction site. You will need to have achieved an NVQ or SVQ level 4 or 5 in a relevant occupation. Read More


This is the basic CSCS card for applicants who are a construction site trainee. This CSCS card is for those construction site trainees who can prove they are registered with a further/higher education college or university to study for a nationally recognised construction related qualification. Read More


In order to gain the CSCS Blue card for Skilled Worker you will need to have achieved an NVQ or SVQ level 2. For construction workers with certain skills for which there are no relevant NVQ or SVQ qualifications, they must have trade specific qualifications. Read More


Applicants who are members of CSCS approved professional bodies such as ICE, CIOB, RICS and others can apply for this card. Read More


This route is for those who have completed certain construction related degrees, HND’s, HNC’s, CIOB Certificates and NEBOSH diplomas. Read More


Applicants who do not fit into any other type of CSCS card would be legible for this card which covers construction related occupations not covered by the other categories of card. Read More


For applicants who need to visit construction sites regularly will need the CSCS Yellow card. Read More


Applicants who are working through probationary periods whilst employers assess their suitability for employment. Read More


Written by admin

%d bloggers like this: